NEW Spectra Synergy Gold VS Spectra 1 & 2
Spectra breast pumps have been a long time favorite of many moms. I’ve personally used and recommended the Spectra 1 and Spectra 2 over and over again because they are just fantastic breast pumps. If you want a solid pump you know will work great for you? Spectra is my go-to brand.
Spectra just put their newest pump (Spectra Synergy Gold) available for preorder, along with a few new accessories as well! I (of course) ordered them and they’ll be a video with a FULL review on the YouTube channel soon (make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss it!)
There’s a video at the bottom of this post with the basics of Spectra Synergy Gold VS Spectra 1 as well as info about the CaraCups.
So, why is the Spectra Synergy Gold (Spectra SG) so exciting??
The BIG difference between Spectra Synergy and S1/S2
We’ll just get straight to it! The BIGGEST difference on the new Spectra Synergy Gold pump is that it has two motors! This gives you the ability to control the settings differently on EACH SIDE. This new Spectra pump is the only pump on the market that offers this technology currently.
If you’ve breastfed before, you may have noticed that once side commonly produces more than the other. This is very normal, and many mothers online have unique names for this including, “slacker boob”, or more colorful names like “sh**ty tittie” depending on how frustrated they are with it!
With the new Spectra Synergy Gold, you’ll be able to customize the suction speeds on each breast for comfort and optimal milk removal. This is going to be a GAME CHANGER for many mothers!
Other new features of the Spectra Synergy Gold
- There are 5 massage modes to choose from on the Synergy where there is only level 70 on the S1 and S2.
- You have a choice between 64, 67, 70, 74, and 76 speeds.
- The Synergy has more levels of Vacuum/suction strength than the older pumps.
- Goes up to 15 level suction, other Spectra pumps go 12
- However, it still states the max suction is 270mmhg on each side… so I supposed you just have more options for fine-tuning! Perhaps a bit more suction due to the dual motors, we’ll have to see!
- The Synergy is extra quiet and comes with a mute function.
- Good for the middle of the night (MOTN) pumps or pumping discreetly at work!
What’s the same?
So you’re still going to get all the great features that Spectra pumps have to offer. The natural nursing technology that many moms love and the ability to change both the suction level and the cycle speed.
IMPORTANT: The Spectra Synergy does NOT have a rechargeable battery like the S1, so it is similar to the S2 in that respect.
This is going to make it a hard choice between the classic S1 with a rechargeable battery, and the Spectra Synergy Gold. If you need help deciding, I made a private Facebook group just for this! We can chat over there 🙂www.facebook.com/groups/breastpumpreviews
The Spectra Synergy Gold comes with everything you need to single or double pump. This is straight from the Spectra website.
- Two (2) 24mm Spectra breast flanges
- Two (2) 28mm Spectra breast flanges
- Two (2) Spectra Backflow Protectors. Includes silicone membrane, uppercase, and lowercase caps for each Backflow Protector
- Two (2) Spectra Duckbill Valves
- Two (2) Spectra Tubing with Adapter Ends for each Tubing
- Two (2) Spectra Wide Neck Storage Bottles. Includes nipple, cap, disc and cover for each bottle
- One (1) Spectra 12-Volt AC Power Adapter. International voltage compatible but only US wall outlet prong included.
For more information about the Spectra Synergy Gold AND the new CaraCups, you can watch this video! Subscribe to the YouTube channel so you don’t miss the review as soon as the pump arrives!