Homemade Mothers Milk Tea – Increase Breastmilk Production
First of all, I’m a tea newbie! But I thought I’d give it a try when I needed a little boost after going back to work and starting the pumping game. I got the original Mother’s Milk Tea recipe from this website, but I added another few things I found from other resources too. I ordered most of my herbs from MountainRose Herbs online for about $25 and had WAY too much. Enough to share with multiple friends. I mixed it all together in a mason pint jar and then brewed a pot at a time or in individual cups. You can make your own tea bags like this, or I used a loose tea infuser like this.
Here’s my recipe!
- 1/2 cup nettle leaf, dried
- 1/2 cup red raspberry leaf, dried (nourishing tonic for the reproductive system, high in calcium)
- 1/4 cup alfalfa leaf, dried
- 1/4 cup dandelion leaf, dried
- 1/4 cup fennel seed (Increase milk production and tone the digestive system, curtailing colic and indigestion)
- 1/4 cup blessed thistle, dried (Stimulates the milk flow and helps restore vitality)
- 1/4 cup fenugreek seed
- 1-2 TBLS fenugreek powder (strong stuff!)
- ground cinnamon, to flavor
Mix all together in a container, about 1 TBLS per cup of tea. Or you can order iron closed tea bags and make your own little bags! So many possibilities!
**There’s never a guarantee to increase supply, but these are common galactagogue supplements. Ask your healthcare provider if you’re concerned about safety!**
If you’re using your breast pump a lot these days, here’s my video on the top mistakes you might be making!
Check out some other DIY projects!
~ All things for you and your new little life ~