New Little Life
Birth Doula, Lactation Counselor, Birth and Bereavement Doula
Foods That Increase Milk Supply
- Water Water Water! – I put hydration first on this list for a reason…
I even posted a picture…Very important!
Drink Water, Stay Motivated!
- Carrots (especially carrot seeds)
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Raw Almonds, Cashews
- Almond milk
- Barley Grass
- Flax Seed & Flax Seed Oil (easy to add to smoothies, cookies, muffins. You can get it anywhere)
- Brewers Yeast (throw it in a smoothie or baked goods! Somewhat strong flavor, I ordered mine on Amazon)
- Fenugreek (also used in smoothies, very strong though so use sparingly!)
- Non-alcoholic beer (about 4-6 oz.)
- Lactation teas
I found this recipe for lactation cookies and loved them. They are delicious and I don’t think they’ll hurt! (Aside from the sugar and butter 🙂
Happy Breast Feeding!